Riding the Scree

The rocks are tumbling all around me.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Best Day Ever


Last night about a grillion people gathered together, counting backwards to usher in the most significant day of the year. January 1st. The Anniversary of the Birth of Nisha Kim Coffey, aka my adorable wife, aka Loo Loo, aka lots of silly names. While she was born half a world away, in Daegu, Korea, and so, in actuality, a day earlier than this hemisphere's New Year's Day, it felt right to count it down in East Coast realtime here. And even though back in 1975 the world didn't know exactly when she was arriving, I think that, if they had known that the greatest, sweetest, truest, most beautiful human ever was about to be born, the counting would've been louder, the music a little happier, the crowds a little more enthralled. I like to think that I, 2 and a half at the time, filled my diaper with extra enthusiasm at that moment, helping usher in a new era, or at least a new life that would change and make better the lives of everyone around her. Thanks, Loo. We love you. Happy 31st.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dedwarmo said...

Happy Birthday, Nisha!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home