Riding the Scree

The rocks are tumbling all around me.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Finally..ist!

I'm a finalist in Opium Magazine's Shya Scanlon Seven-Line* Short Story Contest! They've whitled it down from over 120 entries to 13 of us, listed here. The winner(s?) will be announced February 26. Worse case scenario, I've got another online publication credit to my name. Best case, I win $1,000 and get printed on actual paper!!!
I've had a good couple of months writing-wise (see links to recent pubs on my sidebar). Not trying to brag or nothin, just happy (and relieved) that after more than 20 years of honing my writing, I can finally give it away for free!

Ah, shit.

*note: not 7 sentences, 7 lines. kinda tricky making it come out "write." ellohell!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger vj said...

Well what the hell do you know...congratulations, Henry! Best wishes from an old art school hacky-sack pal, Vickie J... (that "hacky sack" thing sounds a mite creepy, though no creepiness intended ;)

I was surfing after a late night of tax preparation, and googled you for the heck of it--I've connected with a few of our crew that way.

Anyway, glad to see you are still writing. Waay back when I actually short-story blogged, I wrote a story about you and our photography class. Feel free to read and give me a critique some time--and take care!

http://notwords.blogspot.com/2004_03_23_notwords_archive.html

7:55 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

Oh, and if anybody cares... i did not win this contest. Jerks. Who needs 'em.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Dedwarmo said...

Sorry I missed it. Where can we find your story now?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Henry said...

It'll be back up in a few days... Opium's just in the middle of a big redesign and don't have all their archives where they're supposed to be yet... Just go to Opiummagazine.com to see what they look like.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home