Riding the Scree

The rocks are tumbling all around me.

Friday, January 26, 2007

UNPLEASANT EVENT SCHEDULE

Poetry is a lot like religion. One of those things that can be wonderful in theory, but in practice... well, even the most well-meaning folks can make some pretty awful things happen.

That being said, I've stumbled accross a literary website that features mostly poetry and experimental prose that I really enjoy. They call themselves Unpleasant Event Schedule. I'm not saying I love everything in the archives, but the whole site has a nice feel to it.... from the uncluttered pages to the totally rad stock images stolen from the long-defunct Dynamite magazine (see a lovely sample below). I like it. If you happen to dig poetry or experimental short fiction, check it out. Even if for no other reason than to find out where the name comes from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home